Saturday, January 3, 2009

Kid Speak

Several days ago Dylan woke up from his nap and sat beside me on the couch. We snuggled as I flipped the tv channels and he looked up at me with sad eyes. I stroked his hair and asked him what was wrong.

He said, "Mommy, it makes me sad that Santa doesn't visit every little boy."

Of course my heart melted and I hugged him tight. Then I said, "Well, honey, we can gather some of your toys that you do not play with anymore and take them to those little boys," as I gave myself imaginary high-fives for being such a kick-ass parent.

My almost three year old replied, "Umm, I don't want to do that, Mommy."

Right about the time I begin to think that I've got this whole parenting thing in the bag a tiny voice lets me know that my job will never be done.

1 comment:

Covey said...

Too funny--we had to pry some of the toys out of Elijah's hands when we took them to donate. He keeps asking about stuff he hadn't touched in months. I think you're a pretty kick-ass parent anyway :)