Monday, January 5, 2009

Resolutions

Before Christmas I thought it was brilliant of me to begin my resolutions early. I know, kinda makes me want to vomit, too. My big one for this year was cooking a healthy breakfast for my family every morning.

This lasted for about what my hubby calls two "glorious" weeks. Eggs, fruit, grits, juice and sometimes bacon sure are yummy but every day is unrealistic. I mean, this morning I forgot to feed my baby. I dropped Dylan off at pre-school and was headed towards the gym when lo and behold there was no Earth's Best Oatmeal on my sweatshirt! She did drink a bottle of milk, however, thanks to my hubby, but no more.

And I thought I would cook? Every morning...seriously?

My other resolution was to keep a food diary. I'm a fairly healthy person but tend to "not count" the daily handfuls of M&M's or PB&J crusts. Again, this genius plan lasted for less than two not-so-glorious weeks.

So, if you are the type of person who likes to make resolutions but rarely keep them just follow my lead. Make them early. That way your wishes for the New Year aren't technically "New Year" resolutions. And when the obnoxious do-gooder asks about your 2009 changes you can nonchalantly say, "Um, I don't make any," and proceed to bring up the weather or NCAA basketball...but unless you are o.k. with raising eyebrows never volunteer that you forgot to feed your baby.

No comments: