Monday, January 12, 2009

Watch Out Rachel Ray

Do you ever dread eating at home because you know nothing is in the fridge except butter and OJ and the pantry only holds canned vegetables and forever-old pasta? Well, that was me today. Sure I could have eaten peanut butter toast, again, but enough is enough.

Yes, I desperately need to go grocery shopping but we are leaving for our family vacation on Wednesday and I'm trying to prove something. Not sure what exactly...maybe that I can provide for my family with kitchen creativity.

I proved myself to myself at lunch. Who knew just one more thorough dig in the cheese/meat drawer would uncover prized, blue ribbon worthy sandwich makings. I found muenster cheese! (I think it was left over from what my Mom brought Christmas Eve...I didn't check the sell by date...dammit). Anyway, I made a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato and dried basil. DE-LISH!

I'm too scared now to go look for an expiration date but if I don't blog for a few days it may mean that I've poisoned myself with rotten cheese. Just kidding, I hope. While in the mountains I doubt I'll have blogger access. Waaaaaa!

1 comment:

Leslie Ruth Petree said...

Hope your vacation is restful and fun and all things wonderful. And yes, there is nothing quite like a pop of red in an ensemble, be it shoes or phone!