Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Need Some Color

This week I have been reluctantly taking down Christmas decorations. My son first cried when hubby packed away the ornaments and then again when he discarded the tree. I felt his sadness. Santa's spirit tucked away until next December paired with the gloomy grey sky has made me a little, well, depressed. Not I'm gonna sleep all day depressed (even though that sounds magical) but I need some color depressed.

Hanging out in my yellow kitchen or plopping down on my red couch helps but I need more. Harris Teeter had flowers on sale, but I feel silly hugging the vase. I even got dressed this morning (with make-up!) and avoided my trusty black Columbia vest.

Maybe I'll finger paint with Dylan after school or go to the kids section of the library (we're welcome there now, remember this?) Maybe I'll make fajitas with red and green peppers for dinner. Maybe I'll watch a recorded episode of 30 Rock.

What picks you up?

1 comment:

Leslie Ruth Petree said...

" but I feel silly hugging the vase. "

Oh my GAH, that is funny.

I do love me some flowers. And if I can find some kind of bright and sassy ribbon to tie around the vase, even better.

Oooh, you know what you could do with Dylan? Go get some small canvases from Michael's or A.C. Moore, pull out the paints, and you BOTH paint something that you then make part of your home decor.