Thursday, January 29, 2009

Panic

"Dyyyyylan."

"Dyyyylaaaan."

"Dyyyyylaaaaaann!!!"

I could feel my heart beat in my throat. Reluctantly, I glanced at the river. I saw nothing. I ran into the garage. Nothing.

"Dyyyylaaaaan!!!" I glanced back at the river and saw something floating. It couldn't be him. I just heard him beep the horn on the Gator. He didn't have time to get all the way down there, did he? I looked closer, it was a log.

"Dyyylaaaaann!!!"

I didn't know where else to look. He always answers when I call.

After I ran up the back steps I banged on my back door.

"Jayme, I can't find Dylan!" I yelled in massive panic mode.

"He's right here," she said. "Oh, you poor thing."

I sank at the back door and forced my tears into hiding. Dylan sat down beside me like he understood my fear.

Now, as I'm typing the tears are flowing. I still feel like I could throw up any moment...that happened four hours ago.

1 comment:

Covey said...

I can imagine how awful that was for you! The thought of losing Elijah like that has my heart in my throat. I am so glad everything is alright.