Monday, December 22, 2008

You'll Shoot Your Eye Out

Yesterday I returned from celebrating Christmas with my dad's side of the family. That half always gets together the weekend before Santa visits. We all traveled home in one piece but we may not stay that way. My father gave me a shotgun for Christmas.

Yes, I said shotgun. What in the world will I do with a shotgun? I haven't the foggiest. Maybe I can shoot the pesty beavers if they ever return (that's another story). My hubby has begged for a gun for over a year. He said we needed one for protection.

"Protection from what?," would aways be my answer, "Beavers?" Then I would laugh while his shoulders slumped.

I'm beginning to wonder if my sweet, honest hubby and my loving, doting dad premeditated this year's gift. Hmmmm? Time will tell.

In the meantime, I'm taking notes and maybe, just maybe one day I'll be the proud owner of a precious pound puppy!

1 comment:

Covey said...

That's too funny!! I was just telling Justin the other day that we don't even have a baseball bat in our house in case someone breaks in. We grew up with guns and I remember shooting the little plastic shampoo bottles with the heads on them (Johnson and Johnson I think) with the shotgun. I used to have to stand with my back against a tree to keep from getting knocked over. I don't remember how old I was but it was before I started school and I was still using the shampoo with the head on it so I couldn't have been too old. Maybe this can be a bonding experience for Daddy and Dylan (in the FUTURE) :) I wouldn't trust EJ with a nerf gun, let alone a shotgun!