Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Alarm Clock

Recently my lovely children have been waking up before 6:00AM. Even though I am a morning person that is entirely too early. Monday before daylight I yelled at my son twice and ran up and down the stairs several times. While my blood was pumping and I knew that sleep was no more I look over at my hubby and he was snoring. Snoring! How in the world could I be out of breath, angry and craving coffee and he is in dreamland? Not fair!

In my fit of AM rage I searched on-line for answers. I found an alarm clock for toddlers that turns green when it is time to rise and shine. Of course I bought it...over $40 with shipping and handling. Outrageous, I know, but the sleep deprived will do crazy things. Buyer's remorse has settled in but it's too late now. Maybe it will be worth it, I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Leslie Ruth Petree said...

Oh girl, can I ever relate to the husband still snoring while I'm already up. This last year, I left for work earlier than him and he was usually still in bed when I left. But I'm not bitter about it or anything...

Covey said...

UGH!! I know--and the worse thing is when he sleeps all night and then asks how the night was the next morning as he is heading out the door. How on earth can he sleep though two crying kids??!! I can't tell you how many times I ran into Elijah's room with Lydia stuck on my nipple!

Good luck with the alarm clock. We saw that one too and decided the $6 timer from Lowes with a night light was a better bet. Works great for Elijah!