Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Turkey Plunge

I've decided to have Thanksgiving at my home this year. Crazy? Yes. Why would anyone choose to take on the responsibility of feeding their in-laws plus their own mother? I'm giving up a worry free meal provided by my happy-go-lucky aunt (void of my in-laws and mother, I must add) to stress over how to cook a large turkey and make gravy. Ewww, gravy. I don't even like to type that word...gurrr-aaaa-vyyyyyy (whisper it and it sounds like a pissed-off spirit who hasn't eaten for centuries).

Honestly, I dig a challenge every now and then. Not to mention I will not have to worry about packing or skipping nap time or losing pacifiers or (here come the singing angels) traveling with toddlers!

So, I've almost convinced myself that this adventure will not be a nightmare (minus the gravy ghost), and any helpful pointers or tidbits or prayers will be greatly appreciated. I'll try to keep you abreast of my progress and pitfalls in preparation of this celebratory feast. Wish me luck!

No comments: