Sunday, September 13, 2009

Serena, Serena, Serena

So Serena lost her cool during a very important tennis match. She said some pretty nasty things to a line judge and then wondered why the lady felt threatened. Seriously? If you saw this coming towards you saying, "I'm going to shove this bleepity ball down your bleepity throat!" wouldn't you be skerred??


I first witnessed Serena's verbal thrashing on Sports Center this morning and initially thought, "Her career is on the line." Then I thought, "Well maybe this is the kind of passion you need to make it to the top." As I watched it again online I can categorize the whole incident as unfortunate. Everyone has said something they wished they hadn't, Lord knows I have, but words are way more powerful when it reaches the masses...over and over. Serena is idolized by many young women and I pray that they understand the voltage of harmful words. This match will be remembered always in the tennis world, I'm sure, but I hope that line judge will be able to lead a normal life sooner than later.

It will be interesting to see how this affects Serena's career. Watch for yourself let me know what you think.


No comments: