Tuesday, May 5, 2009

All Swing Set Play is Cancelled!

Our 2nd annual neighborhood BBQ started off friendly and fun. The chicken fell off the bone and was worthy of finger licking. Cheesy potatoes, green beans, slaw, and a million desserts filled our tummies as we chatted with familiar faces.

My husband was to watch Dylan as I was bouncing Emory on my hip or pushing her in the stroller or walking her down the driveway (she is way too busy these days) and catching up with the other women. However, later in the evening Dylan runs to me with his Diego undies and khaki shorts in hand asking me to wipe him.

"Uh, what?"

"Wipe me, please, Mommy."

"Oh, no. Where's Daddy?"

Dylan had pooped in the neighbor's back yard. All swing set play was cancelled due to contamination. My husband was (once again) fired from his daddy duties...I'm not sure why I keep rehiring him...to his defense he does grill a mean hamburger and remembers all the words to Guns-N-Roses' Sweet Child O'Mine.

Anywho, Forest Cove Neighbors, I send you my deepest apologies for being the first to leave the party and more importantly, I'm sorry my son is um, channeling Kitty Rio (our cat).

1 comment:

Leslie Ruth Petree said...

I'd leave a witty comment but I'm laughing way too freaking hard!