Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mimi.

"Hey, we're on our way."

"O.K. See you in a few."

"Oh no!"

"What happened?"

"Mimi's cake just flew from the top of my car. Damn it."

"You left something else on top of the car? Ha ha ha! Oh well, she probably didn't want it anyway."

"Whatever. I'm turning around. Maybe no cars will come."

"Are you in the neighborhood?"

"No, I'm on 97."

"Please don't sacrifice our kids for that cake."

"I won't. Uh, oh. Here come two cars."

"Jesus, are you stopped in the middle of the road."

"Huh? No, not yet."

"Please be careful."

"I'm fine, we're fine, and yeaaaaa the cars didn't hit the cake. Hold on a minute, I'm getting out."

"But, wait...."

"Wow. It's not even all that messed up. I'll just tell her that her grandson dropped it. Like father like son, right?"

"You're unbelievable."

"See you at Mimi's in about 10 minutes?"

"O.K. but I'm telling her the truth."

No comments: