Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Weekend

Right now I am listening to the sound of our lawn mower. It means that my hubby is home. It means that it's the weekend. The hum is comforting and I love the smell of fresh cut grass.

Thankfully, my husband takes such pride in our yard. If it were up to me the grass would be replaced naturally by pine straw and the only flowers would be wild. He has landscaped it beautifully and keeps it so.

Encore azaleas bloom several times a year around our home and a passion flower vine winds up our back steps. Scattered day lilies, hydrangeas, magnolias, dogwood trees, and Japanese maples also decorate our yard. One of our favorites is a thriving weeping willow that was once chewed down by a family of beavers.

Usually, lunch comes next followed by family nap time. I do love the weekend!

No comments: