Monday, September 29, 2008

Just a T-shirt

Ever forget what you were wearing until someone makes a comment?

At the beach this weekend I had hoped to walk on the pier. Finally, I made the trek Sunday morning just before check-out. Not much was biting but the view from the observation deck was better than I had remembered. The ocean has the ability to make me a kid again and I adore the sound and smell of my childhood.

I could have stayed for hours but my adult responsibilities were calling. As I walked down the deck stairs I heard, "Did you go to Yale?" My immediate thoughts were, "Huh? Me?"

Thankfully, I just said, "No," and remembered I was wearing one of my husband's t-shirts. (He loves $0.99 t-shirts from a local Mortex Outlet).

The fisherman smiled and said aristocratically, "Well, we have nothing to talk about."

Then we both laughed.

I chuckled most of the way home at his humor and the idea of me attending Yale. I continued to giggle as my thoughts turned to first impressions and stereotypes. All of which can seem quite...silly.

No comments: