Friday, October 24, 2008

Oh no, it's gone!

I've mentioned before how my son loves to eat. (It runs in the family.) Today we stopped at a grill downtown and I ordered him a grilled cheese and fries. Once he devoured his sandwich and took a swig of pink lemonade he looked down at his plate and looked up quickly with surprised eyes.

He said, "Oh, no! My sandwich is gone!"

My obnoxious laugh (also runs in the family) filled the restaurant so that I had to cover my mouth and pinch my nose. I'm not sure if he thought someone had swiped his food or if this was a ploy to get another grilled cheese but he soon started laughing, too. Then Baby Sister got in on the action and the three of us giggled until my eyes started to water.

Lunch was so much fun that I didn't realize until we got home that my son had ketchup from ear to ear, literally. I bet the grill staff and other paying customers were glad to see us "gone."

No comments: