Thursday, October 16, 2008

Motherhood Gives You Man Hands

Not too long ago I looked down at my hands and gasped. Someone had swapped my hands with my grandmother's...minus the pearl-white polish. Ahhh, the horror!

Isn't 31 years of age too early for hand wrinkles? And the protruding veins. Where in the world did they come from???

A couple of weeks later after 45,000 hand scrubs due to attempted potty training I was shocked again. Dry, red, and cracking...very lumberjack-ish.

Then it dawned on me. I have man hands because no longer do I treat myself with French manicures. It's hard to believe that I once took the time to place those little white stickers just so. I should have been reading Shakespeare or learning to cook the perfect meal.

Lotion, lotion, lotion. I now have it everywhere, by every sink, in the car, diaper bags, bed side table, living room end tables, you name it. I am happy to announce that my hands no longer dry or cracking. Yea, applause. However, the veins seem to be highlighted by my new love of lotion. Boo, thumbs down.

Oh, well. Motherhood gives you man hands. Just add it to the list:)


No comments: