Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Martha + Oprah = BFF

Martha Stewart was on Oprah yesterday and I watched it after the kids went to bed so I could absorb every detail. The show took us on a trip through Martha's jail time to her home in Maine. I learned how to fold a fitted sheet, set up a grilled cheese bar for entertaining and even got an itch to craft. Oh how I love the idea of Martha and Oprah being friends!

At one point Martha mentioned she had plenty of visitors while she was serving time but not Oprah, she was too busy. However, here is how I imagine the meeting would have gone...

Oprah: Martha, you look so thin!

Martha: Thanks but I miss my crab cake panini something terrible. And lemon, can I just get a little lemon in my tea?

Oprah: I should have known to bring you lemons. I did bring you some books, though.

Martha: Thanks! Eat, Pray, Love? Can I skip the eat part? I do not think my taste buds can handle it.

Oprah: Oh, Martha, you are too funny! So, is your cell, um, clean?

Martha: Not before I got here but now it is sparkling. You would never guess how hard it is to get good cleaning products in the joint. How's Stedman?

Oprah: The same. Any cute guards here?

Martha: Not really, but my ceramics partner has lovely cuticles.

Oprah: Well, that is important. Sorry to have to cut this meeting short but you know how running an empire goes.

Martha: Goodbye dear friend. I hope you will visit in a couple of months when I am on house arrest.

Oprah: Certainly! Especially if you serve your double chocolate chunk cookies. See you then!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

And their conversation WOULD go EXACTLY like that! You hit the nail on the head, and I just peed my pants laughing. PS, I've now joined the 20th century and have set up some good stuff to read via Google Reader, so I'm keeping up with you and your blog better. But slow down, I haven't joined Facebook yet.

shannondavis said...

So, how do you fold a fitted sheet? And I agree with Audrey. That is the exact conversation they would have had. Audrey, facebook is waiting for you!

Alysun said...

Audrey, welcome and thanks for reading my cheesy blog:) Shannon I'll show you in Pinehurst. Can't wait, girls!!!