Monday, November 17, 2008

Writing and More Writing

This weekend I had the pleasure of attending the NC Writers' Network 2008 Fall Conference. I was in over my head, for sure, but luckily they provided life jackets...the bright orange ones that you feel slightly silly wearing but are so very thankful for their ability to float.

Writing as a hobby will always be a part of me. I'm somewhat terrified to take it seriously so I don't think I can yet call it a passion. Not like the Artists I learned from the past few days...you know the ones who can make you laugh and cry and love and hate in a matter of minutes. My creative basket is full and I'm pretty sure I've never uttered those words. Too early I woke up this morning and immediately began smiling. I have so much to write...thank yous, short stories, poems, blogs, prompts, and revisions.

Doggy paddling will do for now. It'll get me there, I hope!

1 comment:

Carol Henderson said...

Hi:
You have talent as a writer--and humor as a writer. Keep going!
Here is a blog that will be useful to you.
http://truevoice-blog.com/
It's my husband's. He's also a writer and a lot of folks really enjoy--and learn a lot from--his blog. Hope our paths cross again soon.
Carol