Sunday, November 9, 2008

Trailers and Reviews

I am a sucker for movie trailers and book reviews.

We have an HDTV channel that frequently plays 30 minutes of trailers. I looooove it! Also, I get antsy when going to the movies with a new friend because she may not understand my passion for what comes before the main attraction. Popcorn will wait.

Amazon.com just sent me their Top 10 Book List for 2008. Ahh, the joy. I have read the blurbs of the first three and am looking forward to reading the remaining seven. Oh, and don't get me started on how long it takes me to update our Netflix que.

Why do I find the short renditions so appealing you may ask? I asked myself the same question just before I started this post. Maybe it's from my generation's quest for immediate gratification (I know that's why I like to iron) or because it takes me entirely too long to read a book (hence, Wicked). Maybe it's my fear of commitment (I used to have one before I met my hubby) or a touch of grown-up ADD (caused by the Noggin channel).

With two young children I no longer read books in a day or watch movies back to back. That's o.k., I know my movie and book mojo will return in due time. Until that glorious moment I can get my fix with trailers and reviews.

No comments: