Thursday, March 13, 2008

Whole Foods

Whole Foods is one of my favorite places to eat. Tonight my son and I had pizza, his was cheese mine was garden veggie. We shared a chocolate milk (whole milk!) and a fruit/granola parfait. OH MY GOD, it was so delicious! Every bite, every gulp was simply divine.

Fresh mozzarella was melted under big chunks of ripe tomato and yellow bell peppers and sauteed onions and broccoli. Perfection was the pizza sauce. Whole milk usually makes me gag but tonight it was so very chocolaty and creamy and smooth. Juicy pineapple paired with strawberries mixed with vanilla yogurt and granola pieces was the grand finale. All deserved an encore!

Sharing a chocolate milk with a child needs to be added to your bucket list if you haven't done so already. While pushing the milk carton across the table back and forth, back and forth after long gulps from an over sized straw I witnessed a delight so innocent and sincere. I hope I always remember the happiness he brings to my world...especially when I begin potty-training.

No comments: