Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Grudges

Are you a grudge holder? I use to think of myself as not...but I'm beginning to notice when I get anxious or mad or just plain uncomfortable it usually traces back to me harboring ill feelings.

As much as I would like to I can not control what others do or their lack of doing. Sure I can encourage and nag and persuade or I can just let it go. If I want something done my way, when I want it done, I should just go ahead a do it...even if it's not my turn. "Not my turn"...what am I, in 7th grade? Reflecting now, it seems so juvenile.

I'm reading Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth, Awakening to Your Life's Purpose and a quote from that book brought me to this whole grudge holding epiphany.

"...sometimes letting things go is an act of far greater power than defending or hanging on."

It's easy for me to get mad at my husband for not taking our son to get his hair cut or a fellow employee for botching an important record. It's hard on me to let it stew.

Letting go feels so good.

No comments: