Saturday, January 15, 2011

Scarlet Fever

Both of my kiddos have scarlet fever. I'm not kidding. Who gets scarlet fever anymore? I feel like Paw should be riding out on his horse to tell Doc he needs to come quick. Thank God for modern medicine.

For a few days I tried to keep Emory away from Dylan with grand thoughts that the yuck wouldn't spread. No such luck. Since Tuesday we have gone through four boxes of Klenex, a bottle of Children's Tylenol, and are working our way through two antibiotic prescriptions.

Both kids finally feel like playing with each other. This morning Dylan said to me, "Mom, I gave Emory a little hug yesterday. I wanted to take away some of her germs so she wouldn't get too sick," and my heart melted.

1 comment:

Covey said...

wow! Hope they get well soon. This year doesn't seem to be off to a good start for lots of people. Between the stomach bug, respitory gunk and your two everyone is sick! Hope they get well soon!