Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Broken

At the gym this morning there was a man using a walker. He was too young to have a walker but his legs bent greatly at the knee and it seemed walking was painful for him. I assumed he was in some form of rehabilitation. I noticed him watching me run on the treadmill. Did he wish to have my legs?

I wanted to talk to him and let him know that my heart was broken. My legs are strong, yes, and for that I am thankful but I'm hurting. But who wants to hear from a little blond stay-at-home mom that she's sad? Certainly not someone who struggles to get in and out of a chair.

That man was working on his body. I am working on my heart. We are all working on something.

4 comments:

Covey said...

Call if you need to. We miss you.

Alysun said...

Thanks, Covey. I'm already feeling better:)

shannondavis said...

I guess we all have our broken parts. I'm thankful for good friends that know how to fix me. See you soon!

Leslie Ruth Petree said...

{Finally catching up on my blog reading/commenting}

We're all broken in some way, struggling with something...you've been on my heart and in my prayers. Thanks for sharing so honestly.