Sunday, January 31, 2010

Retirement Living

In hopes of a minute of peace today I locked myself in the hall bathroom with an Our State magazine. A couple of days trapped inside due to snow actually made this sound entertaining. Shortly thereafter the door knob shook.

"I'll be out in a minute," I said.

Silence, good he went back to watching cartoons. I proceeded to skim another advertisement for an upscale resthome. Would they let me live there? I like Scrabble and sweat tea.

Clonk, clonk, clonk. Shake, rattle, shake, giggle. He was back and wearing a pair of my heels.

"I said, I'll be out in a minute." I bet retirement living is quiet.

Dylan replied, "Mom, you wanna go on a date?"

I opened the door and there he stood in my black pointy toe shoes paired with his pajamas. A wide grin had taken over his sweet face.

No comments: