Monday, April 20, 2009

Perfect Day

I had a nice little Saturday.

Woke up, dressed, fed the kids and headed out the door. Stopped for a vanilla latte and walked around Lowe's kid free. Bought some pansies, petunias, and tomato, cucumber and lettuce seeds. And a tomato plant...sure fire way to produce grub.

Then I grocery shopped kid free. I was home by 10:45AM. Dylan helped me plant our flowers and seeds and the entire time thanked me for his new Diego spade.

We had a picnic in the back yard. The fam ate sandwiches while I enjoyed a spicy tuna roll from Harris Teeter (no one else likes sushi). We stayed outside all day playing ball, blowing bubbles, and after nap time we cruised on the boat.

That night Mimi came over for supper...grilled steak and chicken that had been marinating all day. I ended the evening with a fabulous movie, Grey Gardens, and hubby snoozing on the couch beside me.

My, how my definition of the perfect day has changed over the past 5 years:)

No comments: