Thursday, April 2, 2009

Dylan's B-day

Two nights before Dylan's birthday party he woke me up at 3:30AM to inform me he had two dreams about giants.

"I want to tell you about them, Mommy," he said after I tried to convince him to go back to bed.

"Oh, alright. If you must," was my reply between yawns.

Dylan then told me two detailed stories that he claims were dreams. I'm calling his bluff because one of the "dreams" he has told before...numerous times. He ended his late-night performance with, "Mommy, I don't want a giant cake anymore."

"Uh-oh," I thought but instead said, "Darling, Mrs. Covey has already made your delicious cake. You're gonna love it!"

Thankfully he said, "O.K.," and let me take him back to bed. For the next little while I invisioned a house full of screaming toddlers and mad parents.

Saturday Covey showed up with this masterpiece...

Can you believe it? A happy giant cake with a 3-D beanstalk and the perfect Fe Fi Fo Fum!!! It was the hit of the party and so far, no more 3AM nightmares/comedy acts.

1 comment:

Covey said...

Oh--I didn't make it until Friday night--you could have changed :) Glad the HAPPY giant went over well--I wasn't sure about that artistic liscense but I knew EJ would be happier with a HAPPY giant. I was just happy you trusted me with the cake and let me go all Ace of Cakes on you. I had a blast making it!!