Friday, August 22, 2008

All Things Mommy

When I started this blog I had the idea that I would write, write, write and not all about being a mom. However, looking at my posts they are mostly about just that. Sometimes I sit in front of the computer and think, "What can I write today that doesn't include snotty noses or burp cloths." Those days I tend to leave without even a paragraph.

Often I get inspired by a great sentence in a book or lyric in a song but by the time I get to the computer it has been wiped out by a sea of edible gold fish and apple juice. I long to feel like the grown up that I am but it's hard when I'm surrounded by silly cartoons and soft baby blankets. When I finally get to go to dinner with friends I find myself struggling to talk about worldly events or engage in conversations that require more than six word sentences. My brain is mommy mush.

I know that I am more than a mom. I know that I am intelligent, or at least used to be and can replenish it one day. I tell myself that being a mom is the most important job in the world so if I have to sacrifice knowing that the only five syllable words I'll use for a while are names of dinosaurs, so be it.

No comments: