Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Magnets

Are you a magnet? Do you attract or repel?

Apparently I attract objects flying from moving vehicles. Twice the hood of my car has been damaged by things from other automobiles. One was a hunk of metal from an 18 wheeler and the other was a mini-log from a rickety trailer pulled behind a shiny SUV. Luckily no one was hurt either time.

My brother used to attract bug bites. During the summer he would be covered in mosquito bites from playing hide and seek at dusk or horsefly bites from a day at the pool. Me, not one red swell. I used to brag that it was because I was a faster runner and swimmer but really worried if he was sweet and I was sour.

My mom was a positive magnet for teenagers. I always, always had friends over in high school and college. Sometimes they would be there sitting in our kitchen talking with Mom when I got home from tennis practice or a weekend at my father's. This continued past my teen years...she was involved, I think, because she knew how hard those years can be.

Share your positive and negative charges with others...I bet some interesting conversations will emerge:)

1 comment:

Leslie Ruth Petree said...

Kathy was definitely a magnet! Everytime we came to Roxboro to visit, I looooooved hanging seeing y'all as well. I always thought she was the coolest.