Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Pink

Yesterday I learned that I am having a little girl. This means pink. I don't even really like pink. Purple is nice but I know pink will take over. Pink blankets, pink onesies, pink bows, pink dresses, pink socks, pink pacies, pink everything. Pink gives me vertigo.

So, I'm a little nervous about having a girl. Sugar and spice and everything nice is not always the case...I remember my early teens. What if she wants to be in beauty pagents? Help me. What if she falls in love too early and leaves home with some cute, quiet artsy guy? What if she hates me because I'm to blame for all of her hang-ups? What if I really turn out to be the unhappiness in her heart?

I am honestly jittery about meeting this little love. Relationships between mothers and daughters are so delicate. Body image, self-esteem, respect...thinking about all of this leaves a huge lump in my throat.

These feelings were not present when my son was born...or is it that whole mommy-amnesia people speak of?

No comments: