Monday, July 6, 2009

Holden Beach

We just returned from our summer vacation at Holden Beach, NC. Spending time with our best buds and being away from the daily hustle was the whole idea. Mission accomplished!

Two of my favorite parts of our getaway were Emory and Hubby sharing ice cream...


and hanging out on the deck in our pajamas.


One of my least favorite parts included getting up every day (ev-er-y day) before six o'clock. Yes, I'm still recovering. One morning I sleepily drug myself and my wide awake children on the beach so others could sleep and Dylan said, "Look Mommy, the sunset!" Um, no. That would be the sunrise. The only other not-so-favorite part was attempting a family photo...




again...

and again. Hey, look at the camera! Look. At. The. Cam-er-a! With your eyes open, please.


Oh well, I did get this one...




and this is definitely a keeper...



Girl Power!

2 comments:

Leslie Ruth Petree said...

We have the same purse! Love that thing...

And that last pic? Priceless. Simply priceless.

Covey said...

Emory is so cute in that last picture. I have found having daddy throw something really interesting over our shoulder towards the camera (puppet, cupacke . . ) gets the kids to at least look in the right direction :)