Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Come on Home

While my hubby has gone Phishing I've been at home with the kiddos enjoying life. Every now and then I need time away from the Mr. just to re-group and remember who I am. As does he. The past few days have been full of friends and laughter and wolves hunting vampires.

In his absence I've had a few neighborly play-dates and good 'ol girlie conversations. Tonight some of our friends came over to cook me dinner. Can you believe it? Me either. Yesterday Jayme called and said, "How about we come over tomorrow night and cook for you?" I know, I'm so lucky! I just dined on an Asian spicy chicken noodle dish that was scrumptious and a welcomed change from Honey Nut Cheerios.

This semi-solo time has been fun but now I'm ready for hubby to come on home. During his time away I fought the smelly trash can all the way down our long, gravel driveway and accidentally made the morning coffee at 6PM instead of 6AM. I handled several discipline problems by laughing and stayed up way too late reading a tween romance.

So, Hubby, if you can hear me...I will always heart you more than E.C. so say your goodbyes to the patchouli and tell Trey we'll see him in August.

No comments: