Monday, March 9, 2009

Home

I had a loverly weekend at my mama's house. The weather was vacation-like and I did not cook the entire weekend! Mom prepared homemade scalloped potatoes and Greek chicken one night, meatloaf and green beans the next, and the last night we enjoyed delicious steak, baked sweet potatos and salad. YUMMERS!! Now I need to consider Jenny Craig because not only did I have three square (more like octagon) meals a day I indulged on Girl Scout cookies and ice cream. What is it about being "home" that makes one think one can eat like a teenager?

Each night before bed I went through shoe boxes filled with old letters, report cards, and diaries. Hilarious!! According to all the intellectual documentations I had a crush on a different boy every other week, worried about book reports and math tests, and questioned love and marriage. The letters covered a time period from 7th grade to my last year of college, as did my report cards, and the diaries spanned from 1992 to 1995 which was high school. I had no idea that these time capsules were kept and in good condition. What's even more surprising is that my mama still talks to me...after all the trouble I gave her in my teen years:)

No comments: