Saturday, July 19, 2008

Autopilot

It's amazing how a mother's body functions on little sleep, isn't it? You just do it...Nike thought they came up with the top selling slogan but it's actually the original Mommy Motto.

Here are some things I've learned about myself lately:

I can change a diaper in the dark. I can nap for 10 minute intervals. I can listen to my husband vent about work while playing my 2 year old's "What's That" game and hold a paci in Baby's mouth all at the same time. I can dance to the Wiggles while rocking Baby to sleep. I can go 2 days without taking a shower (thank God for hats). I can eat mac-n-cheese and raisins. I can feed Baby while playing Super Man with Big Brother. I can tell people "no." I can talk on the phone only when driving...damn the new cell phone law.

I can do just about anything. It may embody spit up and play dough...but I can probably do it!

No comments: