Wednesday, February 27, 2008

School pictures

Yesterday when I picked up my son from school picture proofs were waiting for me in his cubby. All three poses made me laugh out loud. How long did he sit still? How did the photographer get him to smile so big? Did his teacher really slick his hair to one side?

I'm pretty sure if random people happened to see these pictures they would wonder why my two year old has a comb-over. One may assume I have a sick obsession with Donald Trump. Seriously, did Ms. Lippy lick her hand (ewww) or use paste for that side swipe?

Although I don't necessarily want at 8 x 10 of him standing on a mini-ladder in front of Spring flowers hanging anywhere in my house, I do want several to stick in an album or mail to grandparents for bribery purposes. Can you imagine his embarrassment when he's in his early teens?

"Oh, Mama, will you please tell Mimi to take down that awful picture...especially when all my cousins are over? They keep saying, 'Seacrest, out!' whenever I leave the room."

(Yes, Ryan Seacrest will be mostly bald by then, unless he get plugs which is even scarier.)


No comments: